Best buy from Honeywell – What is Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier, 390 sq. ft.
Honeywell is a well-known company, that just makes so many different things. From home safety systems to technical parts of the International Space Station, and for that reason Honeywell has some of the best technicians making awesome products in many industries. So, of course, they can also handle to make a great air cleaner.
The Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier has been produced for over 10 years, and many of the Honeywell 50250-S original units are still used in the Honeywell 50250-S today, so that tells something about the quality of this air cleaner, that they today still use some of the original parts. The design of this air cleaner is simple but super effective, and you can thank the Honeywell designers and engineers for that.
Best buy from Honeywell – How Does the Honeywell 50250-S Work ?
The Honeywell 50250-S is a middle-range True HEPA air cleaner which eliminates up to 99.97% of all typical household particles down to 0.3 microns in size, and in spaces up to 390 square feet.
The Honeywell 50250-S is a round, powerful air purifier that is appropriate for relatively big areas. Based on the “true” HEPA filtering system, the Honeywell 50250-S is able to remove almost all pollutants from the air in your room.
The Honeywell 50250-S is optimized to eliminate various types of airborne pollutants including bad smell, bacteria, and other particles. Further the Honeywell 50250-S also provides a highly effective ventilation mechanism to make sure that your room is free from dirty and stinky air.
The Honeywell 50250-S is as mentioned a true HEPA air cleaner, and the Honeywell 50250-S uses therefore true HEPA and carbon prefilters. This two-stage filtering system is able to clean out very small particles such as dust and smoke, and the filtering system is also able to refresh the smell of the air by cleaning potential bad smells.
The first filter level in the Honeywell 50250-S is the carbon prefilter. This filter level has big pores and is designed to catch bigger things like pet hair and dust bunnies. When this prefilter catch bigger particles, it will help to increase the life of the more expensive and more important second filter – The HEPA filter.
The prefilter also uses activated carbon to clean the air of bad smells. Activated carbon is basically a common cleaner of nasty things, and it is usually one of the primary components of any serious filtering process.
The second filter – The HEPA filter – is where all the important activity takes place. This big white filter is called a HEPA filter. HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air. HEPA is an identification by the US Department of Energy, which means that it can filter 99.97% of particles larger than .3 microns. ., and 3 microns is extremely small. In fact, a particle that is .3 microns in width will be 250 times smaller than the width of a human hair. Just to give you an idea of the size.
The awesome filter power of the HEPA filter means that it can filter out pollen, dust, dander, and even smoke. In fact, rescue workers make use of masks with HEPA filters in order to clean dust, smoke, and debris.
Most air cleaners will only have just one flat filter for blowing in air from one direction, but the Honeywell 50250-S air cleaner uses big cylinder-shaped filters for pulling in air from all directions. This cylinder-shaped filter system has a number of benefits compared to other filters.
One advantage is that the Honeywell 50250-S can cycle through a big quantity of air, due to the fact of the big surface area of its filters. Another advantage is that the Honeywell 50250-S can filter all the air in a room equally because it pulls air from all sides.
The Honeywell 50250-S is a true HEPA air purifier and is positioned for 390 square feet. That is almost a twenty-by-twenty-foot room, so that is a very big room in a private home. The Honeywell 50250-S has one of the largest square footage ratings in the market.
Many people even use the Honeywell in large open floor plans of above 500 square feet. Of course, like all air cleaners, it works better in smaller spaces, but this air cleaner can handle more floor space compared to what you see on the market for most other air cleaners at this price level.
Best buy from Honeywell – What Is the Cost of Filters, and How Often Do They Need to Be Changed ?
You can clean the charcoal prefilter by vacuuming it off and then run it under some water, if you want. Be sure to wait until the prefilter is totally dry before once again installing it! A wet prefilter will damage your expensive HEPA filter! I suggest vacuuming your prefilter once every 14 days.
Around every 6 months or so, it will normally be time to replace the carbon prefilter. It can be a shorter or longer period depending on how long time the air cleaner is running and how dirty the environment is. It is time to replace the prefilter when the filter stops eliminating smells or when you are not able to vacuum out the dirt and dust from the prefilter.
The prefilter has a listed price of around $20 but is usually listed for more than half that price on Amazon.
The HEPA filter should not need to be cleaned as often as the prefilter. It only needs to be cleaned about one time a month, of course depending on how much you use your Honeywell 50250-S and the environment it is working in. It is important, that you are more careful when cleaning this HEPA filter and you should absolutely NOT use water to clean it.
Water will damage your HEPA filter, and it will be costly to replace. You should only vacuum your HEPA filter and you should probably use one of those clean accessories to be careful when cleaning the HEPA filter. Further you should not push the vacuum head in between the pleats, because you will risk splitting the filter.
Normally the HEPA filter for the Honeywell 50250-S should last a long time. Honeywell estimates this filter to last three to five years, which is about the longest-lasting HEPA filter I have heard of. With regular cleaning or light use, the HEPA filter can even last longer than this estimated lifetime.
When times come to change the HEPA filter, make sure, that you get the right size. The Honeywell 50250-S uses a Honeywell 24000 replacement filter. It has a listed price of $110, but don’t worry, you find this filter on Amazon for a much cheaper price. Also, you should not let the high cost of the HEPA filter concern you too much, because you will only be buying a new HEPA filter about every four years! To compare for example some air cleaner models need a $30 filter every three to six months.
Check out the quick video below to see the Honeywell 50250-S in action:
Best buy from Honeywell – Honeywell 50250-S Features
The Honeywell 50250-S makes use of 2 separate filters to provide the maximum air cleaning:
- Carbon Pre-Filter – The Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier’s carbon pre-filter is created to take bigger particles like hair, dust, and pet dander, avoids blocking and expands the lifetime of the primary and more expensive PureHEPA filter. The carbon pre-filter is also easy to remove and clean for a longer lifetime.
- Permanent PureHEPA Filter – The Honeywell 50250-S’s permanent PureHEPA filter is the power station of the air cleaner, and is able to catch airborne pollutant like dust, pollen, smoke, mold, and pet dander 99.97% of the time. Therefore the Honeywell air cleaner is ideal for anyone inclined to allergies or those who have weak immune systems. Here the Honeywell 50250S’s PureHEPA filter will assure confidence of the air quality in your home.
- 360-Degree Airflow – The Honeywell 50250-S has a patented 360-degree airflow design, that allows it to bring in and release air more efficiently than almost any other air cleaner on the market. In a 390 square foot room, the Honeywell 50250-S is able to completely filter the air every twelve minutes in the room.
- Replacement Indicator – The Honeywell 50250-S air cleaner works with a replacement indicator, so that you know exactly, when it is time to change your filter.
- Speed settings – With three different speed settings, you can set up the right quantity of energy consumption and output to match your needs.
- Weight – With a weight of only 21 pounds, the Honeywell 50250-S is one of the lightest air cleaners in its class – and this makes the air cleaner very easy to move from room to room as needed. The air cleaner also has a carrying handle at the top, making it easy to move around as needed.
- Quarantee – Honeywell is a very well known and reputable company, that guarantees the quality and build of the Honeywell 50250-S cleaner by offering a five-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Best buy from Honeywell – Technical Specification of Honeywell 50250-S
- Filter Type – Pure HEPA.
- Air Flow CFM – 0.3 micron.
- Maker-recommended Room Size – 390 square feet.
- Noise level – Low.
- Energy star-rated – No.
- Power (in W) – 200 W to 100 W from high to low.
- Remote control – No
- Dimensions – 18 x 18 x 19.6 inches.
- Weight – 21 pounds.
- Maker (brand) – Honeywell (50250-S)
- Warranty – 5 year warranty
- Link to Honeywell 50250-S manual – Click Here
Best buy from Honeywell – My conclusion about the Honeywell 50250-S review
The Honeywell 50250-S 99.975 Pure HEPA Round Air Cleaner is a very good choice for anyone looking for a great medium-space air cleaner at a very good price from a good single-room cleaner.
Overall my conclusion is, that the Honeywell 50250-S is great for use in living rooms and smaller apartments, especially for buyers looking for a well-priced air cleaner that works just as good and hard as similar other Air Cleaner brands which cost hundreds of dollars more than the Honeywell 50250-S 99.975 Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier. Therefore this Air cleaner is the best buy from Honeywell.