With smart powered homes, during the recent years, also smart lighting is on the rise. The Phillips Hue is an ever popular lighting system that has grabbed the attention of many of us, when we want to work with our smart powered homes. However, instead of just using these Lights for general lighting there are many other cool things we can use these lights for in our homes.
The creators of Phillips hue have made it possible for different developers to create different Applications that connect to the Philips Hue. With these different Apps, many different features have been created hence allowing its owners of the devices to have fun and benefit from the experience of owning the Phillips Hue system.
The Best Buy From Philips Hue – What is Philips Hue
If you have to think of one name that synonymous with smart lighting, it has to be Philips Hue. With its color-changing bulbs and app control, Philips Hue was the first mover to really show what could be done with smart lighting.
The Philips Hue has due to their smart lighting system grown dramatically in the last few years, in both popularity and number of available products.
Philips Hue can be your personal wireless lighting system that lets you easily control your light, and create the right atmosphere for every moment, bringing your smart home to life with the most connected light in the world.
Philips Hue combines brilliant and energy-efficient LED light with intuitive technology. The Philips Hue system will together with the light, the bridge and the smart controls forever change the way you control and experience light in your home.
The Philips Hue lighting system works in conjunction with iOS and Android applications in order to change color or white levels depending on your mood. It can also be linked to other Internet of Things devices to switch on, off or change the lighting style through your home network. Therefore, Philips Hue makes a wide number of smart LED lights that offer a mix of colors and effects that you can control remotely.
Another benefit with the Philips Hue system is, that LEDs last much longer than other types of lights, and consume less energy, too. Philips Hue lights also integrate with Amazon’s Alexa, Google Home, and Apple HomeKit (among many other smart home platforms), so you have a lot of options to change the lights in a way you like.
There are multiple bulbs and lighting products in the range of the Philips Hue system, and they are all linked to your network through a Philips Hue Bridge – a small, connected hub that is wired to your router and controls the lights wirelessly. This is often found as part of a starter kit.
The Best Buy From Philips Hue – How to use the Philips Hue system
When you buy the Philips Hue system you can get up and running with the system by just following these 4 easy steps:
1) Power your light sources – If you have a starter kit, screw the bulbs into your existing light fittings and turn on your wall light switches. For other Philips Hue lights, such as Philips Hue light-strip plus, you only have to plug them in and power them. Simple as that.
2) Set up your bridge – Next you plug in your bridge and it will automatically power up. Connect the bridge to your Wi-Fi router using the network cable provided. Wait for the three lights to come and when the lights are on, you are ready to go. As mentioned making the system work requires a Philips Hue Bridge and at least one bulb.
For this reason, you may be better off buying a Philips Hue starter kit. These Philips Hue starter kits begin at around $ 50 for a set complete with a Bridge and two White lights, but you will pay more if you want the temperature or colour changing bulbs, or a kit that comes with a light switch. Make sure you buy the newer square Bridge, as this is the most recent model that’s compatible with the HomeKit; the older circular Bridge is not the right choice.
3) Download your Philips Hue App – Download the app for Philips Hue in the App Store or Google Play Store. Then you connect to the Philips Hue bridge, and find your lights. And there you have it, very easy and simple to set up, and now you have your Philips Hue system connected. Once you are connected, just fire up the Philips Hue app (Android or iOS) and follow the on-screen instructions to detect your Philips Hue Bridge.
Once you are connected, you can add your bulbs, and again it is very easy to set up, if you just follow the easy instructions. For example, you can have added lights ordered into rooms, which also act as groups – you can also turn all lights on or off in one location quickly and many other things.
4) Play around and experience your Philips Hue – Now that your system is up and running, it’s time to get familiar with the possibilities of your Philips Hue system. Philips Hue integrates with smartThings, that gives you full control through the app. It is fully integrated with other smart home kits in your home, which means that you can also automate your Philips Hue lights with all the other smart home kit that you have in your home.
Note that the smartThings only detects Philips Hue lights, and can’t pick up the switches or motion detector. But there is a workaround about this issue, and that is to trigger smartThings devices to operate when they detect a Philips Hue light is turning on or off. For example, if the motion sensor turns on a lamp, smartThings can then turn on a main light that’s using a different system.
To discover all the features of the Philips Hue system is very much a matter of learning by doing. Just continue to explore the functions of the Philips Hue app or download and try some third party apps and discover new ways to play with the light in your home. And when you are ready, you can expand your system to enjoy Philips Hue even more.
Here you can watch a video of the Philips Hue system
The Best Buy From Philips Hue – Philips Hue white A19 starter Kit
With Philip Hue White A19 Starter Kit system you can control your lights at home remotely wherever you are. This is a great benefit if nobody is at your home, if you are working late or are away on vacation.
With this Philips Hue system you can make it look like you are home, even when you are not. In this way there is much less to worry about, for example a break-in to your home. Your lights can welcome your home or switch off automatically when you leave and you can even set your Hue White to come on at a preset time and turn off gradually.
The Philips Hue White Starter Kit comes with 2 Hue White bulbs and a Hue bridge. The Hue Bridge can connect up to 50 Hue products and works with Home Kit for Apple iPhone
integration to control your lights with Siri voice control.
The installation of the starter kit is easy because you simple just screw your light bulbs into your fixtures, plug your bridge into your Wi-Fi router and download the free Philips Hue app.
This System box includes four Philips Hue White A19 Energy Star Certified Standard light bulbs, manual, and two-year warranty.
When you get used to the Philips Hue system many people over time switch the majority of their home lighting to Philips Hue, because it gives your so many interesting possibilities to work with the lightning and atmosphere in your home.
Features – Philips Hue white A19 starter Kit:
- This Philips Hue starter kit Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- With this Philips Hue kit you will Automate the lighting experience with the Philips Hue system and hereby be able to control your lights from home or when you are away. You can turn lights on/off, and dim the lights to the desired light schedules from the Philips Hue App, from wherever you have WiFi connection, so you are sure that you will never come home to a dark home. Very important if you want to avoid break-in to your home.
- With this Philips Hue starter kit you can install the LED lights as you would install ordinary bulbs and pair them with the Hue Bridge, which allows you to control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App.
- With this Philps Hue starter kit you can also require the Philips Hue Bridge (sold separately) if you want the full Philips Hue experience, these bulbs fit standard-size table lamps. You can also easily expand your lighting system with other Philips Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a Hue Dimmer Switch, Hue Tap, or Hue Motion Sensor. You can pair it for automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system.
Product facts – Philips Hue white A19 starter Kit:
- This Philips Hue starter kit has a brightness of 800-Lumens.
- This Philips Hue starter kit has an estimated yearly energy costs: $1.20 (based on 3-hours/day, 12/kWh; cost depend on rates and use).
- This Philips Hue starter kit has a product life of approx. 23 years (based on 3-hours per day).
- This Philips Hue starter kit has a light appearance of 2700K.
- This Philips Hue starter kit has an energy use of: 9.5-Watt (compared to a 60W standard incandescent light bulb).
- This Philips Hue starter kit lumens per watt: 84.25.
- This Philips Hue starter kit is a new and enhanced Philips Hue white bulb upgraded from 750 to 800-Lumens with increased internal storage for added functionality.
- This Philips Hue starter kit gives you total control over your lighting from your smart phone or tablet even when you’re away from home, set timers and alarms; connect to a variety
of apps, dim the light and more (cannot be used with conventional dimmers).
- This Philips Hue starter kit works with HomeKit for Apple iPhone integration (IOS 9 or later versions only), control your lights with Siri voice control, turn your existing Philip
Hue lights into home kit controllable lights and discover exciting new uses through 3rd party Homekit apps, with one voice command you can turn off lights, lock doors
and change your thermostats.
- This Philips Hue starter kit control up to 50 hue products on a single Philips Hue bridge compatible with Zigbee certified and Wink home automation products.
- This Philips Hue starter kit works with Apple home kit (requires Apple device with iOS9 and Philips Hue app v1.10).
Should I buy the Philips Hue system ?
There’s no doubt in my mind, Philips Hue has the widest range of smart bulbs, the greatest third-party support and the widest range of controllers. Every bulb produces high-quality light and is quick to respond.
While Philips Hue maybe could be a little more expensive than some of its smart bulb competitions, it’s money well spent. If you don’t want to mess around with the wiring in your home, then the Philip Hue system is the smart lighting system to buy for your home.