The indoor air in your home is often much more polluted than the air outside. Often we spend most of our time indoors, and therefore our exposure to bad indoor air quality puts us at risk for a number of health problems, including allergies, asthma, and respiratory issues.
Therefore, the quality of the air in your home is important, and if you choose one of the best air purifiers for your needs, then a good air purifier can really help you to improve your breathing and well-being.
Many times lots of us overlook factors that can contribute to poor air quality, and a good air purifier can give a number of positive effects, such as improved energy, better blood circulation, and a stronger immune system.
Below are examples of 5 things that can be better controlled by using some of the best air purifiers.
– Cigarette Smoke.
Therefore, if you choose one of the best air purifiers on the market, that suits your needs, it will help you to create a cleaner and healthier air in your home or office, so you better can prevent air quality-related health conditions.
How to choose your Air Purifier
When choosing your best air purifier, you first have to consider what kind of indoor air quality, that you need.
If you have allergies, then you should choose an air purifier designed for allergy relief. These kinds of models have typically features like HEPA filters, or High-Efficiency Particulate Air filters, which are proven to eliminate 99.97% of common airborne allergens sized at 0.3 microns and larger.
The best of these kinds of air purifiers include pollen, dust, dust mites, mold spores, ragweed, and pet dander. Therefore, if you have a problem with allergies, then HEPA air purifiers are recommended as the most effective air purifiers on the market.
If you have problems with asthma or if your symptoms are triggered by odor and chemical pollutants, then you will typically need to consider an asthma air purifier or an odor and chemical air purifier. These kinds of air purifiers contain added odor and chemical filtration as well as HEPA filters for allergen particle removal.
Do you have problems with smoke, then smoke air purifiers are specifically designed to remove smoke, fireplace soot, and other associated fumes that can give problems with existing respiratory conditions or cause unpleasant odors in your home.
For the pet-parents, that have problems with pet allergy sufferers, you should consider HEPA air purifiers, which is as mentioned designed to remove pet dander, odors, and hair to efficiently remove the allergy-aggravating pet dander while leaving your home fresh.
If you are extremely sensitive to chemicals, you might consider an air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS). These models contain even more odor and chemical filtration and are often manufactured with materials that will not off-gas chemicals into the air and aggravate your symptoms.
Other things to consider when choosing your best air Purifier could be:
– What Size Air Purifier Do I Need ?
– What Kind of Features Do I Need on My Air Purifier ?
– Where Will I Put My Air Purifier ?
– How Much Maintenance and Upkeep is Needed for My Air Purifier ?
Therefore, if you’re looking for an all-purpose air purifier to improve your indoor air quality and create a healthier home, you can shop all kind of air purifiers and choose your best air purifiers by room size, brand, filtration, features, and your budget.
Here are 6 good choices of Best Air Purifiers:
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, Air Purifier
This Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier will really in an effective way help you to clean the air in your home. This air purifier will continuously draws in pollutants and captures up to 99.97 percent of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including bacteria, allergens, mold, pollen, smoke, dander and dust.
This room air purifier has a genuine Honeywell Carbon pre-filter that helps neutralize odors. It absorbs VOCs, gases and odors and traps larger particles, and will usually last up to three months for optimal performance.
This Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier completely circulates room air five times per hour. It also features three air cleaning levels and a “turbo” clean setting. Further, this air purifier has also an easy tap electronic controls.
You will also with this air purifier have electronic filter replacement indicators, so you know when it’s time to change the filter. It also has convenient 2-, 4- and 8-hour timer settings.
The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover is recommended for very large rooms and will clean the air in a 465 square feet area with ease. Therefore, if you are searching for a purifier to help to improve the quality of air in your home, this Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier will get the job done.
Product features of Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier, 465 Square Feet Room Capacity:
- This air purifier captures up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including bacteria, allergens, mold, pollen, smoke, dander and dust to help promote a healthy living environment.
- It has Carbon pre-filter, which effectively helps neutralize odors. It will also help to reduce VOCs, and certain airborne germs.
- It also has Electronic filter indicators, that will remind you when you need to change the filter.
- It has a quiet operation.
- You can easily choose from 4 fan speeds, including a “turbo Clean”, to circulate the air in your room up to 5 times per hour.
- You can easily tap electronic controls on this room air purifier.
- You will have Automatic 2, 4 and 8-hour timer settings, so you can start purifying the air before you even get home.
- The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover is Energy Star rated.
- This air purifier is recommended for larger rooms, AHAM verified for to 465 square feet (21 x 22) room size.
IQAir [HealthPro Plus Air Purifier] Medical-Grade Air Purifier
The IQAir New Edition HealthPro air purifiers are often top-rated in the air purifier industry. While most HEPA air purifiers claim to be effective at capturing particles down to 0.3 microns, IQAir’s revolutionary HyperHEPA filtration system is proven to capture particles 100 times smaller, down to 0.003 microns – This is in fact 10 times smaller than a virus.
It is important to notice, that these ultra-fine particles are often the most harmful to your health and represent 90% of the air pollution we breathe. Therefore, if you want the best protection against the smallest and most dangerous particles in the air, then this IQAir purifier could very well be your choice as one of the best Air Purifiers.
The IQAir purifier is made from the safest materials, using only healthy filtration technologies and further the IQAir air purifiers add no ozone, ions, UV or chemicals into the air you breathe, and therefore the IQAir air purifier could be a very good investment in your health.
Design, size and placement
The IQAir HealthPro Plus is a big machine, measurements are height 28 inches (71cm), width 15 inches (38cm), depth 16 inches (40.5cm). But it looks great, it is designed so well, that it doesn’t look so big. This air purifier is manufactured in Switzerland using fully cured, high-grade, injection-molded ABS plastic. This material resists scratches and dents, and it’s highly impact-resistant due to a 3-millimeter housing thickness.
The best place for the IQAir HealthPro Plus is on the floor. The air intake is at the bottom of the unit, and the air outlet is at the top of the air purifier with air distribution in all directions.
The IQAir HealthPro Plus weight is 35lbs (16kg). The built-in guiding handle on the top and sturdy casters at the bottom of the air purifier make it simple to roll around the house.
IQAir New Edition HealthPro Plus Air Purifiers are ideal for someone who:
- Wants real protection against the most dangerous air contaminants and wants their investment in an air purifier to produce the highest proven
- Wants clean-room grade HEPA performance. These are the air purifiers chosen and trusted by doctors and hospitals around the world.
- Suffers from asthma or lung disease such as COPD and needs to reduce gaseous irritants as well as allergens in the air they breathe
(HealthPro Plus model).
How IQAir works:
First, the air is passed through the PreMax pre-filter(1) where micro-particles such as pollen, pet dander and mold spores are captured.
Second, the air is then drawn through the fan into the V-5 filter (HealthPro Plus model only) where granular activated carbon(2) eliminates volatile organic compounds, and pelletized chemisorption(3) destroys harmful chemicals, such as formaldehyde, by an oxidation process inside the chemically active alumina pellets.
The third stage of the filtration process, the air passes through the nano-fibers of the HyperHEPA filter(4) removing ultra-fine particles such as bacteria, viruses and combustion particles. Clean, purified air is vented through the 320° EvenFlow™ diffuser at top of the unit. The air outlet diffuser is designed to outflow low turbulence, low-velocity air which creates less noise.
The New Edition has an average of 7% less sound across all fan speeds, without sacrificing filter life or system efficiency. This system is virtually inaudible on its lowest fan speed, making it great for noise-sensitive environments like libraries, nurseries, and bedrooms.
The second and third speed is also quiet. Loudest is the sixth speed, but that is acceptable, because at this speed the air cleaner moves a lot of air.
Products Features of IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier:
- IQAir New Edition HealthPro Series offers up to 25% more clean air, 32% less noise and 38% longer filter life.
- Residential, large room air purifiers.
- Certified HyperHEPA filtration efficiency proven to remove at least 99.5% of all particles 0.003 microns and larger (100 times more efficient
than standard HEPA filtration).
- PreMax™ large capacity pre-filter, 99.5% efficient at 5 microns (55% at 0.3 microns and larger).
- V-5 Cell™ chemical & odor filter contains 5 lbs of coal-based activated carbon and potassium permanganate impregnated alumina.
- HyperHEPA® filter exceeds HEPA standard – passes the world’s most stringent HEPA filter test EN1822, 99.95% efficient at 0.22 microns, 99.5% efficient at 0.16 microns.
- Triple seal design prevents air leakage.
- 6 fan speeds.
- Fan motor: 2750 rpm, centrifugal, backward curved fan.
- 4-key touch-pad with 16 character 2-line LCD display.
- Remote control (batteries included).
- Display languages: English, French, German or Spanish.
- Intelligent filter life monitor bases on actual use, speed setting and air quality conditions.
- Individual filter life status LED indicators.
- Daily programmable timer for Monday – Sunday.
- Timer status LED.
- Air intake through dual side arches at the base of the unit.
- Air outflow through 320° EvenFlow™ diffuser at top of the unit.
- Certified Ozone-free by the IAACM.
- CSA rated for continuous operation under applicable UL and CSA standards, BSMI.
- 4 casters.
- Color: light grey with white locking arms.
- Housing: non-off gassing, impact resistant, UV stabilized ABS plastic.
- Performance certification: each unit is individually tested and certified for performance efficiency before it leaves the factory in Switzerland.
New Comfort 6 Stage UV Ozone Generator Air Purifier
With air purifiers there are typically 2 systems. One system is where a fan pulls dirty air through a series of air filters and cleans the air. The other system is using Activated Oxygen or 03 which makes the air smell clean and nice, but does not really remove the allergens from the air like the filter type of air purifiers.
The great thing about this New Comfort 6 Stage air purifier is, that it actually is a perfect combination of both those systems. Therefore this air purifier can clean the air in nearly any situation, and doing it in a way that suits your needs!
The New Comfort 6 Stage Air Purifier Cleaner HEPA UV Ozone Alpine is also an ultra-quiet air purifier, which is due to its modern variable speed motor. It has a 5-speed fan, which can be set so quiet, that you can hardly hear it and it covers up to a room of amazing 3,000 square feet.
The purifier has a long-lasting hospital grade washable HEPA filter which will not only save you money but will also remove allergens. It also has a Charcoal filter that is proven to safely remove odors from your air. Its adjustable negative Ion filtration removes contaminants such as smoke, pollutants, allergens, bacteria, and viruses.
The Tio2 Photo-catalytic filter is washable and removes mold spores, odors, and bacteria, that can cause diseases. This purifier UV Germicidal light safely takes airborne bacteria, viruses, odors, germ microbes, and destroys them. This will help you to keep your air smelling clean and fresh by turning on the activated oxygen 03 ozone generator.
How the New Comfort 6 Stage Air Purifier works:
The advanced system of the 6 Stages of Filtration that keeps your air fresh and clean are:
1. HOSPITAL GRADE WASHABLE HEPA Filter. This optional Filter, which can also be purchased with filters down to an amazing .3 microns (1/1000 the size of a human hair). HEPA Filter is a long-lasting WASHABLE filter. Not only will you save money with this washable HEPA filter but this high-end Air purifier removes allergens, contaminants, dust and pollen from your home or office.
2. UV GERMICIDAL LIGHT Safely – This takes airborne bacteria, viruses, odors and germ microbes and destroys them. Several tests have proven that all viruses are susceptible to UV light for complete eradication. Germs that cause influenza are spread up to three feet when someone who has the flu coughs or sneezes. With help from this New Comfort 6 Stage Air Purifier, you have better chances to keep the flu at bay.
3. The ACTIVATED OXYGEN 03 Ozone Generator – Optional can be turned on or off or adjusted by the user. For powerful Odors like smoke and other powerful odors, user has the option to turn on the Activated Oxygen Ozone Generator in unoccupied spaces that keep your air smelling clean and fresh.
It cleans the air similar to how nature can clean. Ozone, being one of the natures most powerful oxidizing (odor removing) agents, attaches to airborne pollutants, and through the process of oxidization, breaks down the molecular structure and neutralizes, or destroys, the odor producing pollutant.
This is the same process as you find in the nature to clean and purify the air and with the system from this air purifier you can clean the air in the same way.
4. Tio2 PHOTO CATALYTIC FILTER Washable – It has improved performance when it is used in conjunction with UV removes mold spores, odors and bacteria causing diseases.
5. CHARCOAL FILTER Large Activated Carbon Charcoal filter – Charcoal filters are proven to safely removes odors from your air.
6. NEGATIVE ION FILTRATION – Adjustable negative ion generators, which will remove contaminants such as smoke, pollutants, allergens, bacteria, and viruses which can lead to a variety of health concerns. The filtration is adjustable to different levels and can be turned on and off.
Products features of the New Comfort 6 Stage Air Purifier:
- New Comfort premium air purifier with 6 stages of purification.
- Dials allow you to easily choose your fan speed and amount of ozone generated per hour.
- All filters are long lasting but are easily replaced.
- Filtration types include: HEPA, Charcoal, TiO2, UV, Ionization and Ozone.
- All filtration except ozone can be used at any time for proper air maintenance.
- Ozone should be used in unoccupied spaces and ventilated properly before re-entry.
- Rated for 3000 Sq. Ft.
- Quality parts and filters.
- High-quality thick gauge cord.
- Ozone can help kill mold spores, viruses and odor-causing bacterias.
- Ozone is a very popular choice of purification and odor resolution in rentals, restaurants, smoke/fire damage restoration and the water
damage/mold remediation industry.
- This air purifier will help to eliminate any unwanted odor such as: food smells, mildew, smoke damage, cigarette, pet odors and so much more.
- Ozone Plates are rated for 1000+ hours.
- 3-year manufacturer warranty.
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner
If you are after an air purifier that especially can help with pet odors and pet hair, then the Winix WAC9500 air purifier could be one of your considerations. The Winix WAC9500 air cleaner is priced under $200, and is a True HEPA air cleaner, which has a multitude of benefits to offer. Winix has filled this air purifier with a number of features, which is usually not found at this price level.
This Winix 9500 Ultimate pet air cleaner features a five-stage air cleaning system that effectively removes pet odors, hair, dander, germs and other allergens and pollutants from the air so you can breathe more easily.
Winix WAC9500 is suitable for a family room or large bedroom and the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology combines the best filtering and technologies to deliver clean fresh air. This consist of true HEPA filtration, advanced odor control carbon filtration, anti-microbial hair collecting pre-filter, and Winix’s PlasmaWave Technology also combine to offer superior control of pet and other household odors and allergens.
Product features of the Winix WAC9500 Air Cleaner:
- Washable pre-filter with anti-bacterial protection traps pet hair and large particulates.
- Washable Carbon Filter with Advanced Odor Control.
- True HEPA Filtration effectively removes 99.97% of air-borne particulates as small as 0.3 microns.
- PlasmaWave Technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone.
- Nano Silver Mesh neutralizes bacteria and viruses on contact.
- 3-Smart Sensors for dust, odor and light provide set-and-forget operation.
- Remote control.
- CADR Rating (Dust/Smoke/Pollen) 182/183/194.
- CADR Room Size Rating 284 sq. ft.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified.
- 4 fan speeds.
- Sleep Mode dims control lights and runs whisper quiet.
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier with True Hepa Filter, Odor Allergies
A deep breath of fresh air is typically a good thing. But too often if you are indoor the deep breath also hides with lots of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, or dust mite waste, triggering all kinds of allergies. Furthermore, contaminants like smoke particles and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can make a risk to your health.
Several studies thankfully show that eliminating harmful airborne particles such as dust, dander, and pollen is the best way to cope with allergies, as well as other respiratory infections. To avoid these kinds of problems, there is no better alternative than to trap these
pollutants and irritants and increase your indoor air quality with an air purifier.
But an air purifier does much more than helping to avoid allergies. Every member of your household can benefit from an effective indoor air purifier, especially children and elderly family members.
This LEVOIT LV_H132 is an effective air purifier. If you like a fresh, white and curvaceous aesthetic it will be a good opportunity to look at the LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier.
The LEVOIT LV_H132 air purifier comes with a 3-stage filtration system. The first filter is a pre-filter and the second is a true HEPA (yes, it catches particles as small as 0.3 microns). The third is an activated carbon filter for the select purpose of reducing odors. In theory, this should cover all the “bits and pieces” in your atmosphere from tiny, to large to odorous.
How the LEVOIT LV-H132 works:
The Levoit LV_H132 air purifier is easy to work with. When you first open the box:
- Remove the plastic from the filters and slot them back into the unit.
- Find a spot for the air purifier with a power outlet handy.
- Make sure the unit is 15-inches away from any object.
- Turn the unit on and pick your desired fan speed (1, 2 or 3).
- It has a nightlight feature and you can play around with the nightlight and figure out if it’s going to bug you or you like it.
- Keep an eye on the filter reset button. When it lights up, check the filters and replace them if need be.
Product features of LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier
- Ideal for spring and summer allergy seasons – helps eliminate common allergy triggers (most allergens) including dust mites, pollen, mold, pet
dander, as well as other small particles and pollutants.
- 3 Stage Filtration System: Pre-filter, TRUE HEPA Filter, & Activated Carbon Filter.
- Levoit LV-H132 removes 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, odor, mold spores, and pet dander; filters particles as small as 0.3 microns and filters
air pollution of PM 2.5.
- The Levoit LV H132 is 100% Ozone free, does not use UV or Ions which produce trace amounts of measurable ozone, a harmful air pollutant.
- 3 Speed Settings (low, medium, and high) provide options for various conditions.
- Quietly operates throughout the night, and has a gentle night light with two brightness settings in addition to off.
- Unique size and contemporary design make it a perfect fit in a bedroom, smaller rooms or office spaces. The perfect gift for family, friends, and coworkers.
- 2-year warranty and lifetime support. Note: please remove the plastic bag of the HEPA filter and charcoal filter before running the air purifier.
- On average, the filter should be replaced every 6 months and is available for purchase (Search for: LV-H132-RF); the air filter may need to be replaced sooner or later depending on the air quality in your area.
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
Keeping the indoor air fresh and clean is crucial especially when you have a baby or children, that are allergic to dust and impurities. Thanks to the development in the technology to the invention of air purifiers, you can now have a much better opportunity to keep your indoor air
fresh and clean.
The Coway AP-AP1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode is compact, but is fully loaded with features that are able to circulate fresh air indoors in your home.
The AP-1512HH air purifier has a multiple-level filtration mechanism, which is able to clean the air that goes through it. This air purifiers filtration system combines some of the most effective mechanisms to ensure that the air it discharges is fresh and clean. Apart from removing
the bad health particles, the filtration system also eliminates bad smell to ensure that the room in your home is dominated by pure and fresh air.
The HEPA filters of the AP-1512HH air purifier are known for their efficiency in removing impurities, dust, and allergens. The HEPA technology is one of the most effective filtration methods used by air cleaning units. This air purifier works with the true HEPA filtration method to purify the air that goes through it.
This highly effective HEPA filtration mechanism removes up to 99.97% of airborne contaminants. Therefore, with the AP-1512HH air purifier in your home, you can be sure that the air in your room is free from dust, pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and more, that will improve both your well-being and your health.
Air quality indicator
The Coway AP-AP1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode is powered by the air quality indicator installed with a sensor that kicks your air purifier into higher mode depending on the dust and impurities around it. The smart sensor of the purifier automatically adjusts the fan speed depending on the pollutants in the surroundings to ensure the quality air in the room.
One very good and unique feature of this air purifier is the eco mode. The sensor of the purifier, when do not sense any particle for 30 minutes, will automatically go to eco mode and halts the fan to save energy. Features washable pre-filters, odor filter, and HEPA filter to
remove dust, allergens and impurities in the air efficiently. Auto mode automatically adjusts the airflow rate based on the air quality degree.
Filter Change Indicator
The Coway AP-AP1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode comes with filter change indicator that will light up when a filter needs to be replaced. The carbon filter lasts up to 6 months whereas the HEPA filter needs to be replaced every year.
The Coway AP-1512HH is a great choice for anyone searching for a mid-sized air purifier. The Coway AP-1512HH is among the most powerful purifiers in its class, and the Coway AP-1512HH is ideal for living rooms, garages, and larger bedrooms.
It is definitely one of the most stylish air cleaners on the market, and this air purifier is also discreet enough to hide out of sight in most locations.
Product features of Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier:
- Washable Pre-Filter – The easy-to-clean pre-filter works to trap larger pieces of debris like hair, fur, and dust in its fine wire mesh screen.
- Odor Filter – Using activated carbon, the odor filter captures small particles, unpleasant odors, and harmful gases.
- TrueHEPA Filter – The TrueHEPA filter catches microscopic contaminants such as pollen, pet dander, and tobacco smoke, down to particles just 0.3 microns in size.
- Vital Ionizer – The AP-1512HH’s Vital Ionizer provides an extra boost to the unit’s purification by freshening the through the use of negative ions.
- 3-Stage air flow control means that you can choose the speed that’s right for your room size and air purification needs.
- You don’t have to worry about forgetting the replace the filter: the AP-1512HH’s Filter Replacement Indicator will alert you when it’s time for a change.
- When no airborne contaminants have been detected for 30 minutes, the Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier will enter into its energy-saving Eco Mode.
- Rated to cover rooms up to 326 square feet in size.
- Great on your energy bill: the AP-1512HH is Energy Star-certified to use less than 78 watts at its highest setting.
- This Air Purifier has Coway’s 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Combined utilization of both TrueHEPA and carbon filters makes the AP-1512HH among the best air purifiers in its class.
- Convenient 1, 4, and 8-hour easy-set timer allows you to turn the purifier on and then forget about it.